Between Hebrew school and bar/bat mitzvah lessons, it’s easy for pre-teens to be connected to congregations through their b’nai mitzvah years. But what happens next?
Kadima, USY’s program for pre-teens.
Kadima (forward in Hebrew) offers pre-teens grades 5-8 (varies by region) the opportunity to:
- Meet new people and have fun
- Stay engaged in Jewish life and learning once Hebrew school is over
- Experience the joy of Judaism
- Develop leadership and social skills
- Recreation such as bowling or craft nights
- Jewish holiday celebrations
- Community service projects
- Weekend conventions
- Encampment (an end of summer sleepaway camp experience)